What an interesting day! We joined the leagues of humanity that frequent laundromats! Certainly a weird way to spend 3+ hours. I will say, our first experience raised a lot of questions.
1. Is it possible to get camping clothes clean in a washer whose complete cycle is 30 mins?
2. Does the five second rule apply to a clean item dropped on the very filthy floor?
3. Do we really need clean sheets every week?
4. Would sunshine (should we encounter such) sanitize bath towels?
5. Are we going to become dirty looking old people?
The highlight of our experience was a picnic in the pickup, which has been named Beasley, and of course, another Spanish lesson.
Four loads & $15 later, we were ready for some fun. Back to Bessie, the Airstream, to grab Maggie for her first trip to a dog park! Bark Park is 5 minutes away & has been calling us since our arrival. Really great concept! Dogs are free to run, play, swim & chase balls! Maggie has been a good sport about always being tethered, but I imagine it is confusing. She had a great time & we met lots of cute pups. Otis & Oliver would have loved it. Mags enjoyed the pond even though it was cold to us!
I have a number of ideas for laundromat makeovers. Could be a reality show; are you ready for the ultimate challenge, Camille?